Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Fifties Day

The four-year-olds are having Fifties Day at Hattie's school today. So we were supposed to dress up our children appropriately. It was interesting trying to explain to Hattie what the 1950's were. The best I could do was tell her that it was like "olden times," except not really that olden. Not as long ago as when there were princesses or anything like that. More like when Grandma and Grandpa were in school. And really, it was 50 years ago! That would have been like having Twenties Day when I was her age.

In true Hattie fashion, she balked a little when I picked out all her clothes. But in the end she wore everything, even if she did keep untucking her shirt.

And this is what we ended up with:

I'll be interested to see how the day goes.

2 comments:

Suzel's Sass said...

Stopped by from The Pioneer Woman's blog. Your daughter looks adorable in her outfit. Glad to hear that I'm safe (60's baby) and out of the "olden" days era still :)

LLA said...

hee - such a little cutie!

I remember having 50's day in school. Also the 60's were fun too..

Can't wait til the kids start dressing like the 80's. sigh.. love the 80's...