Friday, October 19, 2007

Decorating


leaf garland
Originally uploaded by 3 to get ready
Recently I saw garlands that other people had made, and knew that I had finally found a project worthy of the sweater I thrifted and then felted last year. In fact, I even went a little crazy and bought some felted sweater scraps from etsy so I could have more colors. Unfortunately the leaf templates that everyone else used were no longer available, but between Google and my back yard, I managed to make do. There are things I would do differently next time, but overall I like it.

Two things I learned from this project: 1) cutting small leaves out of old sweaters is hard, and 2) I LOVE working with wool felt. So now I am permanently on a search for thrifted wool sweaters.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: