Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Withdrawal

There's been a dearth of posting around here lately largely due to the Harry Potterthon that's been going on for the last couple of weeks. That, and my persistent fear that I was going to run across a spoiler for Book 7 inadvertently. (Don't worry, there are none here.)

At one point late last week my mother was here visiting. While she was here she started the last book. I was still working my way through the other HP books (see 6 Weird Things About Me, #1), and Tim and Nate were reading yet another book in the series upstairs in his bedroom. Three different HP books going in the same house, at the same time! True geekery. Or love of a good story, either one.

But now I am surfacing, 4100 pages later, from my total immersion in all things Potter. And oh, the withdrawal! In my desperation I've already found a pronunciation guide (come to find out, Accio is pronounced "AH-see-oh", not "AX-ee-oh" -- who knew??), and an HP lexicon for maximum detail-clarifying.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's a good thing that I'm being forced back into the real world. I have people in my house with no clean underpants, and they're starting to get sick of fish sticks and Hamburger Helper for dinner. Hello, world! I'm back!

1 comment:

LLA said...

welcome back!

didn't she do a good job with ending the series???