Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mini sweater progress


mini sweaters
Originally uploaded by 3 to get ready
Because I know everyone was just dying to know how I was coming on my goal of making lots and lots of miniature sweaters for all my gift-giving needs this Christmas, here's an update. I have about eight and a half done.

Except for the two smaller ones, these were all done with Peaches & Creme cotton worsted yarn. I bought the Mason-Dixon special package directly from Elmore Pisgah, the manufacturer. They weren't offering the same assortment just now when I looked, but it included about a dozen different colors which have been very fun to play with. My order looked like this right out of the box.

*******
And just for fun, here's a hilarious link which I re-happened upon last night. James Lilek's Gallery of Regrettable Food is a collection of recipes from vintage cookbooklets, with commentary written from today's perspective. Definitely worth a look.

2 comments:

Ramsgirl said...

Hi, I just saw your lovely mini sweaters that you made as teacher
gifts. Can you tell me where you got the pattern please? Are they made
as pins/brooches? Regards Pauline. UK.

3 to get ready said...

These are the mini sweaters from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts." The only modification I made was to make them with dishcloth yarn. I actually made these as ornaments by stringing a thread through the top, but I don't see any reason they couldn't be pins or brooches. Good luck!