Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Etsy Love


Etsy Love
Originally uploaded by 3 to get ready
I've been having so much fun in the last week or so surfing around on etsy, "Your place to buy and sell all things handmade," that it was inevitable that some of those things were going to come live with us.

Among the treasures I happened upon: a $5 pattern from crafty alien for knitted and felted sea creatures in case anyone was going to the beach with 6 kids in July, cherry earrings from wonderful to match my new red shirt, and the find of the decade, small cotton vintage mushrooms made in Germany in the '50's from small stump. We had some mushrooms like this that we bought in Italy in the '70's that we still put on our Christmas tree every year. Unfortunately they were starting to show their age, so now I have 80 more in mint condition! Woo hoo!

And actually there is one more item that I have kind of on order, but that's still in process so I can't show you that. At $11, with maybe an additional dollar or two for shipping, this remaining item is the most expensive item yet, seeing as everything else shown here cost less than $10 each, even with shipping.

I've decided that virtually any gift I need I can find on etsy. While there is some stuff on there that has that "fireside touch," as my mom calls it (meaning it looks like it was done in the dark), most of what's there is absolutely amazing. It's like the biggest 24-hour craft fair ever. In fact, if there's a downside, it's that there's so much stuff on there that there's no way you can browse through 1200 pages of earrings, for example.

I know that it's not news to lots of people that this site is incredible, but today I just felt like I had to share the love.

No comments: