Thursday, March 01, 2007

Speech Notebook

Once again, I'm behind, but here's Charlotte's speech notebook for class this week. I wrote about when we went to Ted's Montana Grill this past weekend for a nice lunch with my parents and my sister and her husband. We had a lot of fun at lunch. I really like Ted's. They've hit just the right balance so that it's clubby with lots of wood and white tablecloths, but it's not stuffy. And the food and service are GREAT.

And also? I obviously have no idea what a buffalo looks like. I did this late at night after I'd already turned my PC off, so I had to summon up what a bison looked like in my head. Kind of like those games where you close your eyes and draw some common object. So it's labeled in case anyone has trouble figuring out what it is. Also it's there because it takes up lots of space when you run out of ideas for what to draw.

Changing the subject now. It's been rainy, cold, and gray here all day today. I had my weekly (!) two hours this morning when all my children are in school, and which I proceeded to blow entirely with random book fairs and whatnot (mostly the whatnot -- or as it's sometimes known, that timesucker extraordinaire, the INTERNET). Hate that.

It's a good thing yesterday was so gorgeous. It was about 70 degrees and sunny here all day. I went downtown to the Big City to get my hair cut and have a lovely lunch at The Flying Biscuit, a favorite of Tim's and mine from our early marriage days, with my friend lla. I got home in time for the schoolbuses and to grab my neighbor's 3 kids for her, and the 6 children in my care all played happily outside for the next couple of hours with minimal intervention from me. Love that.

So I guess it all evens out.


This post was held up for about 24 hours while Blogger decided I wasn't a spamblogger. Just so you know.

1 comment:

LLA said...

You know what? I've heard that several other perfectly lovely people have been accused of being spam-bots. Just so you know! :)

Had a wonderful time with you and YoungHattie at lunch. Thanks for humoring my craving for grits....