Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend activities

Just a warning -- this is going to be a mish-mosh post of several random goings-on at our house.

To start off, on Saturday night we went to Nate's Blue & Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts, where they give out all the awards, conduct the annual uniform inspection (he passed),

and entertain people by showing them bowling balls an armadillo. (Really! This animal is so cool! This is a shot of his head!) (I was not, however, as hot on the alligator, the giant snapping turtle, or the snake, but the cub scouts really enjoyed them.)

On Sunday we held the 2nd Annual Cheese Dinner in the Living Room. Too bad it only lasted until bath--, er, halftime.

And today I got this in the mail from superbuzzy!

Half a yard each of the matryoshka fabric, the newspaper one, and a Russian village print. I have to admit that I got that newspaper print because the articles were all about my old stomping grounds in the DC area. Plus it's cute. I must have had red and black on the brain that day, because I also got some strawberry trim. No idea what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'm so excited about it!

And now that the weather's cleared up, a fairly decent shot of my finished socks. Which were much easier than anticipated and which are also particularly warm and comfy. I highly recommend them.

Finally, I did a little work on some parts for a mouse, but that's not overly recognizable yet. More on that later.

Now if I could just apply myself equally well to things that actually need doing (cleaning, dishes, etc.), I'd have something to write home about.

No comments: