Friday, February 02, 2007

No WIP

Well, finished my socks. But can I get a decent picture of them? No! It's been gray and rainy here for two days, so no decent light whatsoever. Of course, have we at least had snow? Also no. So we've been trying to figure out how to send the kids to school in winter coats with raincoats on top. The best we've been able to do is to have each child wear the next child up's raincoat. Which works out okay because Nate is too cool to want to wear his raincoat.

So instead of a picture of finished socks, here are a couple of things that are currently inspiring me:

--these mice from Lucinda Guy's Handknits for Kids


(don't they look like they would be an excellent use of Peaches & Creme??)

--these cables from Viking Patterns for Knitting

--and these korknisse ornaments from Elliphantom Knits, a gorgeous knitting blog that is definitely worth checking out. I would have put a picture of her unbelievably cute ornaments here, but I couldn't find an email address to use to ask her permission first, so I thought I'd err on the side of caution. But you should definitely go see!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! I promise to post pictures of my first pair of knitted socks as soon as the weather allows.

2 comments:

LLA said...

I can't wait for the weather to get better - not only so we can see the socks, but because I am quite simply sick of the blickiness...

Love the mice, too - all your inspirations are quite inspiring!

Katkat said...

The mice are sweet.I wish I could knit.