Friday, February 16, 2007

Evidence of early crafting

Today I thought we'd take a little trip down memory lane to visit a project I did a long time ago. June of 1977, in fact.

This is a pillow I made when I was 10 years old. Feeling crafty one afternoon, I found an old washcloth and embroidered this turtle on it with some acrylic yarn. You may be able to tell he's eating a flower. There's one petal of it left, just in case you thought that was just grass in front of him.

The back of the pillow is a second old washcloth that I sewed on with more yarn all around the perimeter.

Those would be my initials, down there in the corner. And the date -- June '77. And for reference? This is what I looked like in 1977.

Photo taken against our dining room wall, by my mother.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

LLA said...

So darling!

(both the turtle pillow, and your 11-year-old self!)

~Vicki said...

That's adorable! How neat that you saved it. I like the picture too. Lovely!!