Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Yarn Retail Therapy

Found myself with a little time on my hands in Buckhead this afternoon, so I swung by a yarn shop I hadn't already visited -- Why Knot Knit.

And wow! I still think I prefer Knitch, but I was able to find a BUNCH of stuff that I couldn't live without.

If we had any kind of decent light here, I would have taken pictures of the newest additions to my stash, but this borrowed shot will have to suffice until I can take some. I came out of there with a new book of things to felt, a ball of sock yarn (to make more mini sweaters with), a skein of some gorgeous Cascade Pastaza in Wedgewood Blue (it's part llama!), five (I know!) balls of Debbie Bliss cashmerino to make myself a Mistake Rib scarf like they had there, one free pattern for the aforementioned scarf, one purchased pattern for beginners socks, and one skein of the most expensive yarn I've ever bought -- Lorna's Shepherd Worsted, which is 100% Superwash wool, seen here. (Although not these colors. Mine is rainbow-y, but in a muted, earthy-tone kind of way if that makes any sense -- Color 18, Watercolor, for you googlers out there.) It's unbelievably beautiful!

So let's see -- that would be the following upcoming projects: a new scarf, several (like 20) mini sweaters, something with the Pastaza that I just couldn't live without, some felted projects, and my first pair of socks.

That should keep me busy for a while.


1 comment:

LLA said...

Sounds like a great time! I believe I went to Why Knot Knit once - it's off Roswell???

Can't wait to see the photos - may I ask a few nosy questions????

1. how was the price on the Cashmerino?

2. where can I find the mini sweater pattern - I'm truly smitten by it....

OK - I guess I just had two...