Sunday, January 28, 2007

Continued progress


sock one!
Originally uploaded by 3 to get ready.
I finished this first sock last night while watching TV. If it looks a little short, it is, even though it fits (I have small feet). I was afraid to make it too long because my ball of yarn was looking small and I still had another sock to do. If it turns out that I have plenty left, I might go back and make it a row or two longer.

Verdict: I like it, and it's very comfortable. The yarn continues to be super-soft. Turning the heel wasn't hard at all and there are no holes! (I hope I didn't jinx myself for the other sock.) I kept waiting to get to the hard part, and before I knew it, I was done!

Although this is a beginner pattern, so there was no kitchener stitch required. And no fancy stuff on the leg or foot to mess up. Still, the simple pattern allowed me to focus on fundamentals like turning the heel and knitting the gusset, so it served its purpose.

Now I just need to finish the other sock and I can wear them out! Tim declared me "interesting" (read "geeky") for knitting my own socks. We'll just have to see about that.

No comments: