Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Clear signs of an obsession

Finally -- some fairly decent pictures of my haul from yesterday's little spree. Here you see 1) the Wedgewood blue Pastaza, 2) the Sockotta in primary colors, and 3) the new felting book.

And these are the balls of cashmerino aran. The blue and green were the luscious colors that the sample scarf was done in, and the red is the exact color of my winter coat. So I'm going to see if I can't work that in somehow.

And the Lorna's Shepherd Worsted. It's really the most beautiful yarn. I was so excited about it yesterday that I couldn't leave it in its skein. I had to wind it into a ball immediately. And then I cast on for my first sock, which is what you see here. Blogger was having some difficulties earlier this afternoon, however, so I was able to do some more work on it. Maybe as a motivational tool to myself (and to keep myself from wimping out on this project) I'll periodically post my progress. Right now I just finished 8 rows of ribbing and am on to the stockinette portion of the leg. I'll post pictures soon.

And THEN, as Hattie and I pulled into the driveway today after a morning of running errands, I saw a box leaning against my garage door that contained THIS:

$35 (if you count shipping) worth of Peaches & Creme cotton yarn, straight from Elmore-Pisgah where they make it! I'm SO excited! I have all kinds of ideas for this. (There are 4 more of those yellow ones that didn't make the picture.)

And you know what? Eleven months ago I was disagreeing with this test result, but as it turns out it was eerily prophetic!

(For anyone who's concerned about my mental health, yarn-wise, I'm not buying ANY more for a LONG time!)

1 comment:

LLA said...

WooHoo! Happy yarn day indeed - I'm loving the pictures...

One weird question, though - I googled "Mistake Rib" scarf after you mentioned it, but I don't quite get it. What's the mistake? Do you end up with a final rib that is three wide??? Feeling quite ignorant, but I want to understand where the titular "mistake" comes into play...