Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Dock House

We spent our Thanksgiving weekend with all of Tim's family in a lakehouse we rented on Lake Nantahala in North Carolina. It was gorgeous. Just being allowed to stay in the house made me literally feel like I was living a Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous. Well, rich, anyway. This is the view off of the kitchen and dining area and also, incidentally, what I saw when I opened my eyes every morning. Tim and I were fortunate enough to be staying in the master suite, and the bed was perfectly positioned so that you could look out the window while you were lying in bed.

It was especially unbelievable at about 6 am when all the stars were still out. Tim said it looked like a planetarium.

This was the view from the hot tub, which was also in the master suite. No one used it, certainly not me, as I consider hot tubs to be giant petri dishes, but I was able to hang out the window to get this shot.

This is a view of the deck outside the kitchen and dining area. It also stretched the length of the house past the game room, which came equipped with both a pool table and a giant TV, perfect for optimum football game watching. Unfortunately, all our teams lost this weekend, but that's a different story.

Here's an external view of the house, which Tim took while we were out in a canoe. The last time I was in a canoe was approximately 1982, and I don't know that Tim has ever been in one. Accordingly I was scared to death that we were going to tip over and dump our camera in the lake, which fortunately did not happen.

And finally, a photo proving that we used the deck properly, probably in exactly the way the architects planned.

We were able to spend lots of time with family and really, we had more than our share to be thankful for.

1 comment:

LLA said...

What a lovely way to spend the holiday - and could that home be anymore gorgeous? What an amazing view...

Did Tim have to drag you off, kicking and screaming, to get you to leave???