Saturday, September 30, 2006

Tie One On entry


I spent all day today making this little apron. I've been owing Hattie one since I made Charlotte hers in January. It was supposed to qualify for the August/September entry for Tie One On, but of course after I spent all day making it, THEN I re-checked the requirements and now I'm not sure it qualifies.

Still, it was fun to make. I designed it myself and made the whole thing without a pattern, which is a first. I was inspired by a similar one I saw for $40 at the gourmet grocery store. It was muslin too, and after it caught my eye, I thought, "I could do that!"

So here it is. And in case all that wasn't complicated enough, I made it reversible. The red floral stripe was something I bought at a garage sale back in March for about a dollar.

Here's the other side.


1 comment:

LLA said...

So cute - that red stripey reversible side just makes it perfect!