Saturday, March 18, 2006

Pearl meets Henry

This is Pearl. She's bunny #2 from Hillary's pattern. Right now she's hanging out with Henry, who is not working today because it's Saturday.

And here's a back view:

For Henry I used some gray fleece, which is a breeze to work with. For Pearl I used some old fleece I'd bought years ago to make someone a sheep costume. It is very fuzzy fabric. And much harder to sew with. The fuzz kept getting in my way. And embroidering was a nightmare. I finally used some felt for her nose. And I had to trim the fuzz around her eyes because they kept getting buried.

I'm going to use a flea market napkin for the next bunny. With luck that will work better. And I have fleece in more fun colors, so I can make more bunnies. If I actually get around to making those other bunnies, it looks like the neighbor kids might be getting bunnies for Easter too!

No comments: