A couple of weeks ago I experimented with a skein of Noro Kureyon. I wanted to see just how well it self-striped. And also how big a bag I could get using just the one skein. So I set out -- one of my first knitting projects ever without a pattern.
And this is what I ended up with, pre-felting, and then after:
I have to say I'm okay with it. Don't know what I'm going to do with a bag of this size, though. But I do like the striping. I go back and forth on the colors, however. It felted pretty nicely -- only had to run it through the washer twice.
Verdict: I think it worked out all right. Now I want to make something else in a different colorway.