- fighting unbelievably bad traffic going to doctor visits that don't exist because you canceled them a month ago and forgot to cross them off your calendar;
- driving people around who barf in your car while fighting unbelievably bad traffic;
- too busy to eat and/or drink anything until 5 pm;
- staying up too late knitting because that's the only time I have to do it; and
- trying to function with 2 of 3 toilets in the house clogged up.
On the plus side, yesterday and today have been much more normal. Hattie and I made a marathon trip to the grocery store this morning and got enough food for at least a week's worth of homecooked meals. The dog is up and around and seems to be feeling much better. I got enough sleep for the last night or so (what a difference THAT makes!), and the toilets are unclogged, thanks to the tireless efforts of our resident toilet unclogger. (That would be Tim. I am excruciatingly happy to adhere to traditional gender roles if it means I never have to touch a toilet plunger.)
I have also learned
- our grocery store offers a (NEW!) Orange County Choppers cake;
- if you can't get your toilet to flush, squirt in some dishwashing liquid and then try -- it works! and
- how to do lists in html.