Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Replacement

Had a post here about a car accident I was involved in yesterday morning. In summary, the kids were not in the car, I was not significantly hurt and my van was totalled (I think). More conservative heads than mine have convinced me to pull any post for now until the insurance and legal aspects have been settled.

However, I did not go to the zoo as planned with the kindergarten field trip yesterday. All things considered, it could have been MUCH worse. This morning while I was morosely staring at the empty spot in the garage where the van should have been, it occurred to me that if I'm having trouble getting over considerable damage being done to the car, that I would never have been able to live with myself if something worse had happened. Better to consider this a tough lesson learned. I think it was the Dalai Lama who said, "When you lose, don't lose the lesson."

Consider this one lesson LEARNED.

No comments: