Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's on its way!

Bought myself a birthday gift last night over the phone from a representative who said he was in California, but judging from his very thick accent and extreme lack of knowledge of basically anything I asked him, I would doubt that.

If I hadn't known exactly what I wanted due to a) visiting the store in person myself yesterday morning, and b) calling the online store earlier that afternoon and talking to someone who did know what they were talking about, I would have hung up and tried again the next day. But the siren call of a new toy is VERY strong! So I stuck it out so that the order would ship TODAY.

Tim asked me why I didn't just order it online, which I would have done but for that element of doubt that I would end up with one wrong component. In retrospect I think I would have been okay. Especially since when the rep and I added up the total, I got the same number three times and he got all different numbers those same three times, and I finally had to walk him through what I had.

So this is what I got for my birthday -- a Canon Powershot A520 digital camera. And the battery charger. And the memory card. And the Extended Service Plan (which I usually never buy, but given that this is an extremely appealing and complicated little machine and I have three small children, it sounded like a good idea).
He told me I should get it in 3-5 business days. I can hardly wait! Wait until you see all the great stuff I can show you! Thanks, everybody!

No comments: