Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Speech Notebook Wednesday!

With the new scanner up and working, I can now start with Speech Notebook Wednesday! The Speech Notebook is something that the speech therapist in Charlotte's preschool class uses to promote discussion among the kids in the class.

The assignment is for the parents to put something in the notebook that interested their child during the previous week. It could be magazine photos pasted in, real photos taped in, drawings, a french fry bag, whatever works.

Charlotte started going to this school earlier this year, in February. It took me a few weeks to find my style, but it gradually evolved into what you see here. These days I expertly draw and color a picture showing something Charlotte did the previous week. And by 'expertly draw' I mean that I produce stick figures that are sometimes recognizable. Drawing is not my forte. But it is a lot easier than going through magazines, newspaper ads, and other print media trying to find a picture that illustrates my point.

So here, to whet your appetite for these weekly offerings, are a few of the pages from Charlotte's Speech Notebook from last year. Again, I must emphasize that I AM NOT AN ARTIST. And one or two of these were obviously done 5 minutes before the bus came. Read 'em and weep.









Do any of these count as a self-portrait?

No comments: