Thursday, September 22, 2005

Just the nicest time of all

As of yesterday, the holiday season has begun, at least as far as I'm concerned.

When I was growing up it was my birthday during the first week of October that kicked everything off. Then nine years ago that all changed when I got married 11 days before my birthday. Now it's our anniversary that's my official starting point.

Between now and January, we have 1 - our wedding anniversary (yesterday), 2 - my birthday (beginning of October), 3 - Halloween (and my sister's birthday), 4 - Nate's birthday (mid-November), 5 - Thanksgiving, 6 -Christmas, and 7 - Charlotte's birthday (first week of January).

I don't know if it's because of my birthday or because starting school always seemed to be the real start of my year, but I have always loved the fall. I love the cool weather, the clothing, the fun things to do, all the holidays, even the rain.

Tim bought Now It's Fall for Nate years ago for his birthday, and just reading it puts me in a good mood. The colors are great, the pictures are wonderfully old-fashioned, and the whole book has a small-town feel to it.

Now all we need is for the thermometer to get below 90 so I can break out my turtlenecks.

No comments: